2022 Chicken Deposit
Oh, the flavor! These birds have the rich flavor of an old-fashioned chicken. Once you have one of them, you won’t want to go back to mass-produced industrial chicken again.
We raise our broiler chickens on pasture, regularly moving them to fresh grass in Joel Salatin-style mobile chicken coops. The coops have no floor, so the birds have constant access to the grass and insects they love to eat. The coops provide protection from predators while allowing access to fresh air. Our supplemental feed is unmedicated, soy-free and non-GMO, but not certified organic.
In 2022, we plan to process five batches of chickens ourselves in the open air at the farm. Any batches not showing up in the options are sold out.
Pickup options are:
- 4-5:30pm on processing day (Friday) at the farm
- 9-noon the following day (Saturday) at the farm
- 4-6pm the following Monday at E.P. True Chiropractic (frozen)
- By appointment.
We sell whole birds only, no cut-up pieces. We leave the neck attached for easy trussing. There will not be livers, hearts or gizzards inside the chickens. We package them in freezer bags for you.
Cost per pound: $4.50 Pre-orders of 10 birds or more from any of our 2022 batches will receive a 25 cent per pound discount at pickup.
Choose your quantity from each batch below and pay a $5 per chicken deposit to make a reservation. At pickup, you will be able to choose from a range of sizes, averaging 3 to 5 lbs. Size choices are first come, first served.
After the total is calculated, your deposit is subtracted. We take cash, check or Venmo at pickup, and reservations can be made on our website using a credit or debit card.
How to reserve your chickens:
- Choose a batch and select EDIT.
- Click the circle next to that batch’s name and then select a quantity in the box that appears below.
- Click “Review Selections” just below and to the right of your quantity selection to go back to the batch list. From there you can edit other batches if you need chickens from more than one batch.
- Total prices will appear as you add chickens from each batch.
- When you’re finished, click “Add to cart.”